Search This Blog

Friday 26 February 2021

MIT Kuaotunu Hui 2021

 “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants” Sir Isaac Newton

This year, I am truly humbled and honoured to be a part of the Manaiakalani Innovative Teachers (MIT) 2021 cohort. 

During this weekend, all seven of the MIT 2021 cohort met at Kuaotunu.  Lead by a creative power duo Dorothy and Matt who facilitated and steered us to use multiple lenses for our challenge. 
By using the 'Design thinking process' we were able to unpack, re-examine our initial challenge and allow it to be translucent.

This was my first time to Coromandel - to share this Hui with a group of like-minded professionals, this was a wonderful platform to allow us to unravel uncertainties by discussion and collaboration.

Throughout the weekend, we had Jenny Oxley (CEO) mastering her acting skills with her Master Chef 'Bill' to ensure we were fed throughout the day.  

Dorothy started the retreat with the above quote.  This resonated with me,  as I thought about many other MIT alumnus who has gone before us, this would be my pathway to better my craft of teaching & digital practice for our 21st Century online lifetime learners.


No comments:

Post a Comment