Search This Blog

Thursday 30 May 2024

2024 Teacher Only Day - Workshop#2 "Creating your Pepeha via iMovie".

This second workshop was lead by Sandy & Latini - how to create your pepeha via iMovie.  link

 This was an informative workshop - we started off with the 'Lalaga' cards, questions that were designed to 'connect' or create talanoa/korero with your learners/colleagues.

However we had an interesting talanoa/korero with our learners who don't know their whakapapa/gafa/genealogy.  Alot of the learners parents aren't aware of their genealogy, an opportunity to ask family who are still present.  

We ran out of time to utilise 'iMovie', however there is a new feature on google slides, to record yourself.  I recorded my Pepeha using my DFI visual pepeha slides.  I had to change my pepeha and include both my parents details.  As I'm Samoan, we don't have associations of river and mountains, but we have 'villages' that our parents have been raised.  I didn't include it in this recording - but will definitely include this in the next one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss Sio I liked how you did you mihi and put the picture's on there. the picture that you did was cool

    from Aleyria

    ReplyDelete