Search This Blog

Monday 23 August 2021

Raro - PechaKucha Presentation

The main part of our trip was to present to a group of professional teachers in the Cook Islands.  A form we used is call 'PechaKucha'. 

 What? "Pikachu??" (Pokemon species .. familiar within my class) 

Did you know that PechaKucha is a form of storytelling, designed to show 20 slides - allows the speaker to fit 20 seconds to speak.  It started in Tokyo in 2003, designed by architects, Astrid Klein and Mark Dytham.   

To prepare for this presentation, we were given a template to help our slides flow in order and sequenced with our narrative.  No videos or giphy were allowed to be used.   However I like this format as it keeps the main thing the main thing.  It was difficult to make changes once you've submitted your slides - however it kept the audience's attention.

I was given positive feedback that evening, I was the only one who started with a Cook Island Mihi form, good use of expression and intonation in my voice.   I froze when I got up on the podium - we were to memorise our speech (eek!).  But overall a great experience especially prepping for our October Hui.


No comments:

Post a Comment