Search This Blog

Monday 12 February 2018

Welcome to 2018

Shifting from being a practicum student teacher to a full-time professional teacher has been challenging and rewarding.  I didn't quite understand what it meant to ensure the relationships in the class had to be professionals.

The first week, I thought the students were delightful, asking me about my life and being friendly.  The following week, I could slowly see I lost the respect of the students, even used rewards to win their affection that they listen to me.

I suddenly realised I was going to lose this battle.  The student's behaviour started to deter my confidence in this new profession.  I started to feel overwhelmed and hopelessness.  This was going to be my inquiry on how I can improve my effectiveness in teaching in the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment