Search This Blog

Monday 24 August 2020

PD Minecraft - EE Online Toolkit

An informative introductory workshop to the world of Minecraft. From this I can see, the benefits of Minecraft are endless, adopts our Manaiakalani ethos 'Learn, Create & Share'.

I've only used it once in our class space and that was to design a treehouse for a Panda. From that one session, students were heavily engaged in creating and discussing with other Minecraft experts on how to design this treehouse.

Ngā Motu Minecraft stood out for me.  For our students to engage and experience ao Maori.  There is one game where our players/learners to get learn the pronunciation.  This allows our students to have an opportunity to work things out.  A forum for our students to make mistakes and learn from them.

Below is my slide that I've copied from the original presentation. I can see benefits for our student's learning as well as computational thinking and develop their 21st Century skills. Predominantly our male students within our space are gamers, to teach critical thinking, collaboration, and communication. 

Hope we're able to get the Minecraft license.  I'll keep you guys posted!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment